1. Plan to be active: Pack comfortable shoes, sunscreen, and breathable clothes (as temps can vary)
2. Photography: Take a good camera as you never know when wildlife will present itself
3. Take advantage of onboard entertainment: If on a cruise, enjoy the onboard naturalists, BBC Earth and America’s Test Kitchen to name a few
4. Don’t be afraid to step outside your comfort zone: You will discover more about the destination & yourself! You may just enjoy escargot or clam chowder. Perhaps take a helicopter ride to a glacier or splurge for a day trip for whale watching.
5. Sunscreen & bug spray: We know we mentioned it above, but don’t leave home without these essentials.