When you think New Orleans, you think Mardi Gras. While Mardi Gras is a great time to party, other times of year are best for experiencing the southern living. The city loves to party and has festivals for just about everything year-round!
What to do:
- Visit during the spring for New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival for sounds of New Orleans as well as top musicians from around the world.
- No visit to New Orleans is complete without exploring the French Quarter and Bourbon Street – where you can walk around with a drink and enjoy some people watching!
- Hop on the Charles Streetcar and check out the Garden District and Uptown New Orleans where you’ll see historic mansions, shotgun-style homes and magnificent Oak trees.
- Dine at some of the finest restaurants offering southern favorites such as red beans and rice, po’ boys, jambalaya, crawfish, oysters and gulf shrimp.
- Explore outside the city with a swamp tour in the bayou or a historic plantation tour.
When to go:
- New Orleans is very humid and especially hot during the summer months. Visit fall, winter and spring for cooler weather.